KISD Covid-19 Information
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Support and Guidance
Navarro County COVID-19 Local Crisis Resource Guide
Parents and School Community:
Kerens ISD continues to closely monitor the COVID 19 situation through communication with local, state, and federal agencies.
We certainly understand that circumstances arising from the COVID 19 outbreak are rapidly changing, and the health and well-being of our students, staff, and greater community are extremely important. As more information becomes available daily, we will continually assess our risk and take appropriate action. In the event that a short term or long term school closure should become necessary, we will use all available communication media to inform parents and the community.
At school and at home:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with the inside of your elbow when you cough
- or sneeze.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
For more information: